Mar 19, 2010

KL - Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa @ Kampung Baru!

Mention Nasi Lemak and Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa @ Kampung Baru is surely one of the places to come into mind. It’s quite possibly one of the most recognized nasi lemak establishment in KL too. Their business so successful they have ventured into franchising now, with branches available at Bangsar, TTDI and Kota Damansara as well.

nasi-lemak-antarabangsa

Despite the many bad comments especially about the quality of food served and service at Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa, I still wanted to give it a try for its legendary status. After trying, I have satisfied my curiosity and concluded that their nasi lemak is not quite as legendary anymore. Don’t get me wrong though, I am not saying it’s bad. Perhaps it was much better back in the days.

nasi-lemak-dishes

Selection of lauk (accompaniments) is good enough for me, no complaints here.

nasi-lemak-kampung-baru

Like any other nasi lemak, you start off with a basic nasi lemak consisting of rice, half boiled egg, ikan bilis and cucumber. Then choose your preferred lauk and the kakak will add them for you.

nasi-lemak-sambal-sotong

I am more of a spicy sambal lover, and unfortunately for me Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa’s sambal is the sweet type. This was the ultimate reason I didn’t regard the nasi lemak too highly. To be honest, the sambal wasn’t exactly special too. In fact I preferred the sambal sotong’s sambal more, it was actually rather good. Anyway, I can’t blame them for not making the sambal suiting to my taste lol.
I also took some fried beef lungs, which came highly recommended by many. Again it was not as great as expected, being bland and too chewy. I didn’t finish it.

nasi-lemak-ayam rendang

Nasi Lemak with Rendang Ayam @ RM5.

klcc-kampung-baru

This is the amazing unblocked view of Petronas Twin Tower as seen from Kampung Baru every day, the residents are surely a lucky bunch.


In overall it would seem that I had more complaints than compliments for Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa. To be fair the nasi lemak was actually not that bad, it can be considered better than a lot out there. Just that my expectation was freaking high (and not met) for a supposingly legendary nasi lemak, which has been featured in so many newspaper and local TV shows eg Jalan-jalan Cari Makan. If you are looking for alternatives in the same area, RA Nasi Lemak located not far away is good and they have kickass sambal sotong too.


Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © JommJalan | Powered by Blogger